Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sisters




This weekend, I traveled yet again up to MI to visit with my family. Enticed by lazy days by the lake, kayaking, etc. I took my newly married friend Keyla with me to enjoy the fun--- With our husbands in other cities (hers is in New York starting a new job), we had a great weekend exploring antique shops, making jewelry, playing bean bags in the yard at sunset with everyone, and enjoying the deep and honest conversations that come from being sisters in the Lord. The title of this post is what it is, because I was impressed this weekend with much gratititude for the amazing sisterhood God has given me in my life, though I didn't have any sisters growing up.... I now have two wonderful sisters-in-law (Jordan is Josh's sister) and (Beth is Josh's brother Joe's wife), and a few close Christian friends who are spiritual sisters (you know who you are) with whom to share life with....

2 comments:

The Donegans said...

So cute! I am jealous! Hopefully we'll have some girl time here soon. You look beautiful!

Love you friend!

The Donegans said...

Oh and you'd be proud of me. I wore your teva's this weekend....and slept in a tent:)