Sunday, July 13, 2008

My New Bike

I feel like a 5th grader, but I just got a new bike, and I am really proud of it. For some reason, even though I have wanted a set of wheels for about 4 years, I never got one... I think I thought I had to get something really expensive, but then realized really I didn't. So yesterday I picked up the Target special, and this morning enjoyed my enhanced form of transporation. Taking a ride before chuch left me feeling like a little kid again, the joy of covering so much ground in so little time, the wind in your face, and the ability to explore with ease. I ate my breakfast beside Buckingham Fountain (it's beautiful), which I had never even taken the time to see since I've been in Chicago. Who knew what I had been missing all along?

1 comment:

amy luella said...

that sounds great, heidi...my college years were filled with lots of biking...even david and my dating years...now my bike has been hung up in the garage since hanna came along...it is not as easy to doing biking as a family these days...very slow hiking works well though.=)