Saturday, December 1, 2007

Chi-town Weekend






The weekend is always a welcome time of the week... time for me to catch up on chores and Josh to maybe get a decent night's sleep. He stayed up all night Thursday and didn't get to go to bed until Friday night at midnight. He was getting a stock pitch ready for a recruiting event. The good news is that it went well...

Friday night, I caught up with a friend of mine, Shannon, who was a nurse with me at St. Joseph Hospital in Denver. We went to a German Christmas market and then out to dinner. It was so cold out that we were literally running around the city. We weren't the only ones either. This am, my friend Keyla and I went out for breakfast at Yolk. It is an adorable breakfast joint that was packed with people for good reason. It was delicious.

Then I grabbed 4 bags of groceries from Jewel and it was too cold to wait at a stop for the bus, so I started walking. However, my annual tri-colored popcorn tin was quite a burden to schlep 6 blocks (you know those big ones with puppies on the side of the tin?). Now that it's home though, I can't wait to dig in.

So this was kind of long, but I am trying to make up for the 2 months where we weren't very good at keeping people up to date. Josh may get on here again in a couple weeks, but he's in the home stretch of finishing his first quarter with finals next week.

Heidi

No comments: