Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Found a Church

Hey Everybody,

Hope you all are well. We're doing just fine in Chi - although we miss Colorado. It's great here, but Colorado still feels like home at the moment. Which is ironic, because the sale of our house closes in just a few days. We left great community in Colorado with our friends and the church. It takes awhile to build that. Pinecrest WT - I sure miss playing/serving with you. Hope you guys are still rockin.

Pondering our move and missing home, it reminds me that we're all just sojourners here for a short time. Home is Heaven. I always feel a bit of tension and restlessness when I move to a new place, because I do so much to make it feel like home, yet it never totally feels like home. You know what I mean.

We went to a good church last weekend - Park Community Chuch (www.parkcommunitychurch.org), in the north part of the city. Kinda big, but the preaching was biblical, the music was God-focused and authentic, and they are very community focused. We're going to land there. I offered my saxophone to the worship team - we'll see how that goes.

Josh

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates. I love hearing about what is going on with your new journey. I am so glad that you found a church. That is awesome. That can be such an overwhelming process. I hope that it can be a place for you and Heidi to continue your ministry.

amy

amy luella said...

grats on the house selling and the church connection! their site looks great...

amy luella said...

congrats, that is=)....