Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Move

Hey Everybody,

Here are some pictures from our move a few weeks ago. The move went pretty well, all things considered (uninterestingly enough, those last three words are the title of an NPR program that I listened to a lot on the radio while I was driving across the country during the move...sorry for the digression). My dad was kind enough to fly out to Denver to help us drive. He landed at DIA and immediately got in the car and began driving back from whence he came. What a guy. We had a Budget truck, pulling a U-Haul trailer (made for a funny picture), and Heidi and my dad took turns driving the Subaru.

Seven years ago, I remember being so excited, driving the opposite way on the same highway, leaving Michigan and moving out West, first to the Tetons and then Colorado. I had such a sense of adventure and such a sense that life was calling me out. It's funny how God works. Now I'm headed back, along the same highway, to the area I couldn't wait to leave, with the same excitement, for a whole new adventure. Life is not so much about places and careers and even experiences, as much as it's about doing our best to tap into God's grand plan for our lives, as He fits us each, in a small way, into the story He's writing. No matter where or how that takes us.





2 comments:

Janice said...

I found your blog through Jenna's site so now I get to keep up on your adventures too! Costa Rica sounds awesome and I'm glad you sold your house, even if you didn't get the best deal, it probably beats paying rent plus a mortgage!

Anonymous said...

it is great to hear from both of you on this site...you two bring me back home through your writing...i am from illinois...with love from colorado, amy e.