Tuesday, February 17, 2009

26 Weeks




26 weeks today... Pregnancy really hasn't been bad so far. Minor fatigue and sleeping problems, etc. but nothing to really complain about. I am so happy to be pregnant after waiting so long to get to this point, that I really don't care that much about the symptoms.

It is such a weird place to be, the baby to be here in only a few more weeks. I feel like I am on the edge of the unknown. Something good is coming, something I can't understand completely yet, but it will turn my life upside down and I will end up being ok with it. It's exciting.

I worry about labor because I want to do it intervention-free, but really I need to just realize in the moment, I will get the strength I need. Mostly, I can't wait to be face to face with this baby girl and look into her eyes and kiss her. I also can't wait to see Josh with her. Then we'll understand what you other parents know already.

Love, Heidi

PS) The pics are from this morning... me with my tummy, and my shoes to prove that pregnancy doesn't have to be frumpy!

4 comments:

Jenna Hoskinson said...

I LOVE it - you are so stinkin' cute!

Did I tell you about the book "The Second Nine Months"? I highly recommend it. Though I'm guessing not everyone has a difficult time after the baby is born, like I did ;) But just in case, it's nice to know that you're not alone.

Anyways, I am so very excited for you and cannot wait to see you again, hopefully soon?!

amy luella said...

precious!=)

The Donegans said...

Love the shirt friend:) Your bump is adorable. You are beautiful and glowing! Can't wait for little Ms. Thing to get here!!! Hugs and kisses to you, baby and wibble!

Janice said...

Wish I could see you in person, you're so cute!

Good for you wanting to go natural with your first. I had no idea on my first, but definitely did the research for the second and third and was better prepared by then. I imagine your nursing background prepares you too, but just in case, Ina May Gaskin has a great Midwife's Guide to Childbirth with birth stories and information that I read and also Amy read to prep us for the birth. So excited for you and your new baby girl!