Sunday, October 12, 2008

CALL + RESPONSE

HI everyone- I want to let you know about an amazing new documentary coming out this week that exposes human slave trafficking. There will be showings in both Denver and Chicago, (where most of our readers are)... so I thought I'd put the link up for you to check out. We are going to go this Friday night with a group from my church. I am setting it up and an outreach ministry of the Injustice Team I am on, and am really excited to see it. After a very moving sermon series a few months ago, I have wanted to help fight injustices. It seems like an uphill battle at times, but a lot of what we can do on a daily basis is promote awareness of what's going on in the world. Injustice refers to an abuse of power by one group over another. It can result in human slavery, sex trafficking, illegal seizure of land or property and a host of other really disturbing things. As a Christian, I think I am called to take a stand against injustice, as Jesus did. To see where this movie is playing near you, see http://callandresponse.com/tickets.html At least read up on the documentary if you get a chance, at callandresponse.com Heidi

2 comments:

amy luella said...

what a sad topic! i watched a news report on sextrafficking some weeks ago and felt broken and helpless, not even sure how to pray. i wondered for a long time if there was more i can be doing. being educated and continuing to talk with god about it is a start. if you come across more ideas or information please share.

The Donegans said...

That is truly amazing where God is calling you and what a unique ministry to be involved with! It is unbelievably sad what is going on, but with God and patience His will be done. Love you friend and we'll be praying! Let's talk soon. I miss you!!!