Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Last Little While


Last weekend my dear friend Kirsten came for a lovely fall weekend to spend time with me and see the new digs. We had a great time taking in the city by boat, foot, ferris wheel, and bus. It was like no time went by in-between. Those are the best kind of friends, the ones you can just pick up where you left off.

We’ve had lots of company (so maybe that’s a good excuse for not blogging more). Josh’s parents came, my mom came, my brother came, and then Kirsten came. It’s been great hanging out with everyone.

Life is slowing feeling more settled. We did switch churches again when Park Community just began to feel too big. For the last two Sundays we’ve gone to Hyde Park Vineyard, which is quite a bit smaller and more personal. My sense is that we will stay there, and Josh will likely get to be a part of worship team. We have more people to hang out with, and we are really enjoying one couple in particular, Roger and Keyla. They are an engaged couple who was on our Costa Rica trip, and who happen to share our faith. So thank God for them.

That’s kinda it for now. Josh is really busy and since he is the one who takes more time to craft his words, you are kind of stuck with me throwing together some info for you!

Heidi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The non-crafted blog is great once in a while. It's the only way I roll!

DT

amy luella said...

love the update...i can't blog these days, heidi, too...i am actually getting grossed out by being on the computer...the blame is being pregnant...isn't that funny?...it has been really grossing me out--of all things--along with the smell of coffee...i am sure i will get over it soon...i am nearing the end of my first trimester...with love

Anonymous said...

Just not the same around here this fall without the 2 of you. Glad Chicago is feeling like home. I miss you terribly...you too Josh. :-)